Job No: Tectre1131
Title: Lead Java Engineer
Salary: £85k – £1150K (Dependent on experience)
Our client is a multinational investment bank and financial services company. They are currently looking for a Lead Java Engineer who will be responsible for the development of a massive central data platform comprised of microservices on cloud technologies that enable the delivery of immutable, end of day data to consumers downstream using Hadoop technologies.
The candidate be working on a strategic initiative in the Bank, and joining a highly experienced team. It will be a hands-on development role where responsibilities will include design and development using technologies such as Java, Oracle, and SpringBoot in a fast-paced environment using agile methodology.
The Ideal candidate must display strong leadership skills and have the ability to collaborate with other teams across a geographically distributed environment, contributing to the direction of the platform, supporting other engineers in their development, and aligning the wider team with the strategic direction of the bank.
To lead teams in employing agile development best practices and mind-set in order to design, develop, test, enhance, maintain, and support the (Capital, Control, and Operations) product.
Collaborate with users, architecture, and other scrum teams in London, Cary and Pune.
Perform technical analysis to present pros and cons of various solutions to problems.
Mentor and coach other members of the team in engineering skills, including constructive code reviews, paired coding, design workshops, and other learning sessions.
Key Technical Skills:
- Strong experience as a server-side Java Developer including multi-threading, cache technologies, SpringBoot, REST Application Programme Interfaces (API), micro-services, H2, Java Persistent API, Postman, SQL databases such as Oracle or Postgres.
- Experience of working in a distributed, multi-technology, high-volume transaction ecosystem, including OpenShift, Kubernetes, IBM MQ, ActiveMQ, Azure or Google cloud.
- Exhibits DevOps and system reliability mind-set where team is accountable for delivering the feature from inception to end-user adoption, including experience with build and deployment using Git, Maven, Gradle, Teamcity, SonarCube, Artifactory, Junit and Splunk, and designing for a no-touch resilient production system.
Our client believes a healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That’s why our client is committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre.
You can expect:
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- Equal opportunities employer who is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst its workforce
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria for the Lead Java Engineer role, please respond to this with an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com, quoting both the reference number and title for the job/s you are interested in. If you have any problems during the application process, please call the office on 01484 613724. Our office hours are between 9am – 5pm Monday through to Friday. You may not hear from us straight away due to the level of applications we receive every day. We can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.
Job No: Tectre1132
Title: VP – Senior Cloud Design Architect – Enterprise Solutions
Location: London and Home Working
Our client is one of the larger European banks. At the moment they are undertaking a big move to cloud architecture and they are looking for someone to help design their solutions across the whole enterprise.
The bank has a Group Architecture team which drives the development of the ‘target state’ for the whole organisation. The team also works on the governance processes, supporting tools, standards and frameworks which are required to deliver the total solution.
What this means is that the team has to work hard to collaborate across the bank, gaining trust and buy-in from their colleagues in the larger business, particularly the infrastructure teams. They have a really important role in the delivery of the IT strategy, and their work is essential to incorporating the breadth of the bank’s business. Particularly when it comes to building out the application data strategy and associated knowledge base
Working within the Application Data Architecture team, you will be part of a group that is delivering a new Architecture Information Service for the Bank. The team will deliver hands-on, business-oriented strategic and technical consulting to the business for cloud infrastructure, automation solutions and solution architecture.
● Providing guidance, assisting development and advising teams designing cloud-based solutions
● Defining architectural best practices, policies and Standards for teams looking to adopt cloud computing
● Teaming with infrastructure partners and specialists to ensure a positive project outcome
● Developing web-based applications that interface with multiple Software as a Service
● Implementing and evolving a central architecture governance model
Skills and Experience
● Experience of designing cloud architectures
● Substantial programming experience in one or a number of technologies and knowledge of Software Delivery Life Cycle best practices and design
● Knowledge of the Finance / Controlling domain and end-to-end workflow for a banking and trading businesses
● Experience in conducting Cloud Readiness Assessments observing business and technical perspectives
● Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
What the bank offers in return:
The bank believes that a healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, they believe it is really important for the team to enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. They are committed to providing an environment with colleague development and wellbeing at its centre.
You can expect:
● Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
● 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
● Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
● A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
● The opportunity to support a wide-ranging CSR programme + 2 days’ volunteering leave per year
● Training and development to help you excel in your career mixed with a culture of continuous learning to aid progression
● Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
● Coaching and support from experts in your team
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria for the … role, please respond to this with an up to date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any problems during the application process, please call the office on 01484 613724 or call Naz Shahid direct on 07762 024554. Our office hours are between 9am – 5pm Monday through to Friday. You may not hear from us straight away due to the level of applications we receive every day. We can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.
Tectre is a specialist IT Recruitment Company. We support our customers in their Positive Action Campaigns for Diversity. To find out more about us please see our website at www.tectre.co.uk.