Most of BCSWomen’s day-to-day communications go on on our Yahoogroup, which has been running for more than 10 years. This eGroup format of lends itself to international networking, and approx seven hundred women have joined in the chatroom buzz of this lively group.
How to join
BCSWomen now has around 1,500 members. We have agreed on our constitution and objectives:
- Provide an opportunity for networking;
- Provide support for women working in IT/IS;
- Support and encourage women and girls entering IT/IS careers;
- Provide a central contact for media channels requiring comment of issues relating to women in IT/IS;
- Assist women in IS/IT to find, and become mentors for other women.
- The BCSWomen Specialist group plan to have one meeting per month online in the egroup chat room, and at least one annual meeting face to face.
Any women at any level of the BCS can become a part of this exciting egroup. If you are already a BCS member, you can register with BCSWomen by logging into the BCS website; just select to update your membership details and include BCSWomen in your Specialist Groups (or you can telephone BCS Customer Services on 0845 300 4417 or +44(0)1793 417424 for help).
Once you have confirmed your registration, you can apply to join the forum at: BCSWomen Yahoo Group (you will need a yahoogroups sign in) and you are also welcome to join the BCS Women LinkedIn group (or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred email address for help)
Events are open to all, although there may be a small charge for non-members. Please see our events page and the main BCS site events diary.