TECH(K)NOW DAY has been organised to provide a place and venue for anyone who identifies as a woman to go and learn new skills (see details below). This is in keeping with this year’s International Women’s Day theme –#BeBoldForChange.
WHAT’S IN STORE?
Throughout the day, there will be a whole range of hands-on workshopsavailable for both –
– complete beginners (for you to explore what’s out there that you could be learning and find out for yourself if coding is for you)
– experienced developers (for you to explore other technologies/languages you might currently not be familiar with, for example – machine learning, AI, graph databases, AngularJS, messaging bots and a whole range of other topics).
There will also be a separate track for talks, so if you are not in one of the workshops above, you can listen to interesting talks and speakers about
- Tech topics (current and emerging)
- Personal Development
- Career Development
- Diversity / Inclusivity / Unconscious Bias
We particularly want to highlight the talk on Career Development(don’t miss it!), where you’ll learn about
- Salary negotiation for women (including talks about new regulations coming up on equal pay)
- Confidently applying for a job you don’t have ALL the skills for (yet)
- Areas you should consider developing skills in
- Presenting yourself well in interview
- How to get the most out of your relationship with your recruiter
- Re entering the workforce after a break
- Making your CV stand out
There will be a career hub where experts will be on had to help you – if you want to have one-to-one conversations about the above career development-related topics.
Sign up for a ticket so we can send you more information along with the schedule of the hands-on workshops, talks and other activities happening onMarch 8!