INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY – TECH(K)NOW DAY – MARCH 8 – 9am to 5pm
Tell a friend Share
Date: Wednesday, March 8, 2017
Time: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
10 South Place, London, EC2M 2RB (map)
JOIN over 300 WOMEN in TECH on WEDNESDAY, MARCH 8, from 9am to 5pm for a special event on International Women’s Day!
TECH(K)NOW DAY has been organised to provide a place and venue for anyone who identifies as a woman to go and learn new skills. This is in keeping with this year’s International Women’s Day theme – #BeBoldForChange.
SIGN UP for a ticket via Eventbrite here >> BOOK FREE TICKETS
ARE YOU AN ALLY?
If you do not fit the profile of the target attendees for this International Women’s Day event, will you be an ally and help us spread the word about this event, by forwarding a link to this page to someone in your organisation or your circle of friends/influence who might benefit from attending? (Or if you do fit the profile but can not make it on the day and know someone who might be interested in attending, please pass the link on.) Thank you very much!
WHAT’S IN STORE?
Throughout the day, there will be a whole range of hands-on workshops available for both –
– complete beginners (for you to explore what’s out there that you could be learning and find out for yourself if coding is for you)
– experienced developers (for you to explore other technologies/languages you might currently not be familiar with, for example – machine learning, AI, graph databases, AngularJS, messaging bots and a whole range of other topics).
There will also be a separate track for talks, so if you are not in one of the workshops above, you can listen to interesting talks and speakers about Tech topics (current and emerging)Personal DevelopmentCareer DevelopmentDiversity / Inclusivity / Unconscious Bias
We particularly want to highlight the talk on Career Development (don’t miss it!), where you’ll learn about-
– Salary negotiation for women (including talks about new regulations coming up on equal pay)
– Confidently applying for a job you don’t have ALL the skills for (yet)
– Areas you should considering developing skills
– Presenting yourself well in interview
– How to get the most out of your relationship with your recruiter
– Re entering the workforce after a break
– Making your CV stand out
There will be a career hub where experts will be on had to help you – if you want to have one-to-one conversations about the above career development-related topics.
Sign up for a ticket so we can send you more information along with the schedule of the hands-on workshops, talks and other activities happening on March 8!
We are very excited to bring you this event and we look forward to seeing you during the day on March 8!