As part of BCSWomen AI Accelerator, we will be running a free cognitive services taster session, at University of Greenwich, led by Christina Leo, Cloud Solution Architect, Data & AI, at Microsoft, and Professor Cornelia Boldyreff and Dr Yasmine Arafa, University of Greenwich.
Date: October 7 2019
Time: 6pm for a 6.30 start – finish by 8.30 pm
Venue: Queen Mary Building, 4th Floor, University of Greenwich, Old Royal Naval College, Park Row, London SE10 9LS
The session is ideal for delegates with software programming skills, but beginners would benefit too.
Register here: https://7octbcswomen.eventbrite.co.uk
Bring your own laptop to connect to Microsoft Azure during the session.
- Overview of Cognitive Services
- Workshop (working in groups)
- Introduction to APIs for applications such as face recognition, emotion & sentiment detection, text processing and translation, using Python
- Two examples to work through
- Bonus recognition exercise
- Understanding the business context and applications of these APIs
- Wrap up – where to go next
Refreshments will be provided during the workshop.